Election night left state Rep. Justin Simmons looking like a winner but county officials today say the outcome of the 131st House race is not yet certain.
Hundreds of ballots are still to be counted. It’s expected to take weeks to finalize the outcome.
“I’d say there are between 750 and 1,000 ballots left to count,” said Lehigh County election official Tim Benyo.
A preliminary tally without those ballots shows Simmons with a 562-vote lead.
“It’s definitely too tight to call this race [for the 131st district] yet,” Benyo told Patch on Wednesday morning.
Get Daily Headlines in Your Inbox
blog advertising is good for you
- Wolf Vetoes Republicans’ End-Run Around DEP Drilling Regulations
- Why Can’t All Wawa’s Sell Beer?
- Republicans Not Backing Off on Undoing Environmental Policy Through the Fiscal Code
- Republicans Using Fiscal Code to Undermine DEP’s Authority to Regulate Oil and Gas Drilling
- Why Don’t Pipeline Builders Have to Pay Property Taxes?
- National Politics
- Regional Politics
- State Politics