“In short and as with previous iterations [of shale fee and tax proposals], ATR opposes this unnecessary tax increase and, on behalf of our members in the commonwealth, urges legislators to vote no should it come up for a vote this evening,” Patrick Gleason, head of ATR’s Pennsylvania operation, wrote in an email.
Corbett and nearly three-dozen state lawmakers signed the pledge that they would not raise net taxes in the state.
Get Daily Headlines in Your Inbox
blog advertising is good for you
- Wolf Vetoes Republicans’ End-Run Around DEP Drilling Regulations
- Why Can’t All Wawa’s Sell Beer?
- Republicans Not Backing Off on Undoing Environmental Policy Through the Fiscal Code
- Republicans Using Fiscal Code to Undermine DEP’s Authority to Regulate Oil and Gas Drilling
- Why Don’t Pipeline Builders Have to Pay Property Taxes?
- National Politics
- Regional Politics
- State Politics